The next event for this traveling exhibit will feature a round table discussion with veterans from the wars in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan and providers from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System, called “Life and Limbs After War.” This program will take place on Thursday, May 15 at 5:30 pm in Love Library, Room 222 with a reception to follow.
Panelists will discuss and answer questions focusing on changes in medicine, soldiering, and war since the Civil War as well as the similarities and connections between them. The panelists include:
· Moderator, A. Christine Emler, MD, Associate Chief of Medicine, Lincoln VA
· Todd Fleischer, PhD, Chief of Psychology, VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System
· Adam Jacobsen, CPO, VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System-Prosthetics
· Terry Gillespie, Veteran, and Veterans Advisory Council president
· David Ossian, Marine Corps League
This programs is funded in part by Humanities Nebraska and the Nebraska Cultural Endowment, the Charles and Linda Wilson Humanities in Medicine Lectureship at UNL & UNMC, the University of Nebraska–Lincoln’s Center for Digital Research in the Humanities, History Department, and the University Libraries.